top of page

Why would my child see a physiotherapist?

Physiotherapists who work with infants and children help them with their delays in development. These delays come about sometimes because of a diagnosis from your doctor, like cerebral palsy, spina bifida or a genetic syndrome. But the delay may happen because your infant or child is having difficulty with a certain milestone, like tummy time, rolling, crawling or walking. These difficulties may be a weakness in certain muscles, low tone overall in your child's muscles or problems with balance, sensation or coordination. A difficulty to use one side could be due to a diagnosis of cerebral palsy or brachial plexus but may also be due to a habit that has been formed. The physiotherapist will be able to tease out why your infant or child has a delay or doesn't use one side as well as the other side. If you are finding your infant or child is not keeping up with their peers or are having difficulty attaining a movement or using both sides of their body you should contact your pediatric physiotherapist (physical therapist in the USA). If you are in the Montreal area and need a pediatric physiotherapist, contact me at or visit my website at

2 vues0 commentaire


bottom of page